TOURISM SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
At UGA TURISMO SAS we provide quality tourism products and services, the management of committed suppliers, trained personnel in compliance with our economic, social and environmental responsibilities, based on sustainability criteria, is essential for the maintenance of our leadership position in the tourism sector.
TOURISM SUSTAINABILITY OBJECTIVES
The objectives of tourism sustainability are defined in a practical and simple structure that allows to monitor compliance with them, through indicators, and then obtain the results can be analyzed and establish improvement actions, as the need.
1- Disseminate the importance of the conservation and adequate use of the natural and cultural wealth that we have.
2- Disclose the concepts, programs and sustainability campaigns that are implemented in UGA TOURISM to customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
3- Prevent exploitation, violence sexual commercialization of minors.
4- Prevent accidents in the facilities of the agency.
5- Staff training.
6- Select committed suppliers.
7- Promote efficient management of natural resources that allow sustainable economic and social development.
CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to counteract the exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with children and adolescents, UGA TURISMO SAS in compliance with Law 679 of 2001, Law 1336 of 2009 and Resolution 3840 of 2009, we are committed to the following legal obligations:
1. Refrain from offering plans for the sexual exploitation of minors in tourist promotion programs and tourism plans, expressly or surreptitiously.
2. Adopt the measures tending to prevent the employees of UGA TURISMO SAS dependent or intermediaries from offering tourist services that include sexual contacts with minors.
3. Protect national or foreign minors from all forms of exploitation and sexual violence caused by domestic or foreign tourists.
4. Incorporate in our tourist advertising and marketing campaigns, reports on the legal consequences of exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with children and adolescents.
5. Refrain from giving information to tourists, directly or through their employees, about places where they coordinate or provide sexual services with minors.
6. Refrain from driving tourists to establishments or places where underage prostitution is practiced.
7. Refrain from driving minors, directly or through their employees, to the places where tourists are staying, even if they are located on the high seas, for the purpose of prostitution of minors.
8. Refrain from leasing or using vehicles on tourist routes for the purpose of prostitution or bars and similar businesses and other tourist or non-tourist establishments for the purpose of prostitution or sexual abuse of minors.
9. Prevent the entry of minors into hotels or places of accommodation and lodging, bars, similar businesses and other tourist or non-tourist establishments for the purpose of prostitution or sexual abuse of minors.
10. Reject child labor exploitation.
11. Reject discrimination based on race or gender.
12. Communicate timely and immediately to the local police and / or competent authorities, cases of sexual commerce with minors that are detected and evidenced with customers, suppliers and tour operators.
13. Request clients, suppliers, tour operators, partners, allies and other agencies of the tourism sector, to reject participation in the sexual exploitation of minors and to report, in particular, cases of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents of the who have knowledge.
14. Report to the Ministry of Industrial Trade and Tourism, the Attorney General of the nation, the ICBF and other competent agencies, the facts related to the sexual exploitation of minors.
15. On the other hand, we are committed to implementing surveillance mechanisms, preventive and corrective measures aimed at preventing exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism with children and adolescents.
Anyone who incurs exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with children and adolescents, will be punished by deprivation of liberty and penalties of a pecuniary and administrative nature by the competent authorities
UGA TOURISM with RNT: 8971 Promotes sustainable tourism with special emphasis on the preservation of material and immaterial cultural heritage, and thus contributes to the enrichment and quality of life of local populations. Likewise, it takes into account all cultural manifestations and fosters in its clients values of respect and care. According to this, the following recommendations are made:
1. Do not commercialize or promote the sale, trafficking or exhibition of archaeological pieces and cultural goods, unless you have the respective permits, for the unique and specific case of the exhibition.
2. Keep in mind that communities are the only ones that can decide the aspects of their cultural traditions that they wish to share with visitors and the level of interaction in each one.
3. Take into account the recommendations for admission, behavior, permanence, respect and specific conservation of tourist destinations.
UGA TOURISM with RNT: 8971 Promotes sustainable tourism with special emphasis on the preservation of natural heritage, understood as geological formations, places and natural landscapes of a territory that have an exceptional universal value from an aesthetic, scientific or environmental point of view. According to this, the following recommendations are made:
1. Do not remove species of flora and / or fauna from their natural habitat. This is an environmental crime.
2. Do not introduce exotic species of fauna and flora. This causes serious alterations in the natural habitat of flora and fauna species and their trophic chains.
3. Do not feed wild animals directly. The feeding must be controlled and advised by experts in wildlife management.
4. Do not emit excessive noise since they can alter the natural environment of the local fauna.
5. Do not burn fires or fires. Since the gases produced can be toxic and cause serious damage to the ecosystems and communities where they are made.
6. Do not dispose of the generated solid waste in an inadequate way.
7. Take into account the recommendations for admission, behavior, permanence, respect and specific conservation of these tourist destinations.
UGA TURISMO Apoya y promueve las campañas que adelanten las organizaciones o entidades de orden nacional o distrital enfocadas a la prevención de las especies de flora y fauna, y a la prevención del tráfico ilícito de bienes culturales.